What information do we collect and why?
We will collect certain personal information from and about you in the course of your relationship with us.
This information includes your name, address, contact details, location and the company you work for.
We may collect this information from you when you share business cards or information with us, sign up to receive emails from us, visit us at a stand or exhibition, invite us to respond to RFQ or RFP, place an order, access our support or RMA services, or otherwise correspond with us.
Why do we process your information and what lawful basis do we use?
- to be able to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, offers, products and/or services that you request or purchase from
us (‘Services’) (article 6(1)(b) – contract)
- for marketing purposes (where it is in our legitimate interests to promote our Services and we have balanced our legitimate interests with any potential risks to your data protection rights and consider that these are outweighed by the significant benefits in being able to provide the Services to you and to promote our business (article 6(1)(f) legitimate business interest)
- as necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interests in offering, improving and marketing the Services. We have balanced our legitimate interests with any potential risks to your data protection rights and consider that these are outweighed by the significant benefits in being able to provide the Services to you and to improve our Services (article 6(1)(f) – legitimate business interest)
- to administer your support account with us or deal with your RMA notices (article 6(1)(b) – contract)
We confirm that we never sell your data and won’t use your information for any other purposes unless we arerequired to do so by law.
What about marketing?
CBNL may contact you from time to time about developments in the industry, our products and promotional offers by email, post or telephone.
You can unsubscribe/opt out at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our communications or by
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
We do not use an automated decision making system to decide how to contact you.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your personal information with:
- our IT service and infrastructure providers that we use as part of our support offering, website and IT storage solutions
- any other third party entities who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us,
such as accountants or lawyers
- any other third parties as required by law or for the purposes of crime (including fraud), to prevent or investigate breaches of, or to enforce, our terms and conditions, to respond to or investigate security vulnerabilities, or to respond to emergencies, and to protect the rights of third parties.
- any of our group companies which means our subsidiaries, for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes
Will we transfer your information outside the UK?
Part of our IT system is cloud based and hosted in the USA. We have put in place international industry standard safeguards to protect personal data processed in or accessed from the USA.
How long will we keep your information?
How long we keep your information will depend on the purpose for which we use it.
You have rights regarding your information, including information on how we process your data, the right to rectification and to be forgotten if you wish your data to be deleted.
If you make a request e.g. for disclosure or deletion we’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from the time we receive your request, but if the request would take longer than that to deal with, we will let you know.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the UK data protection authority, the nformation Commissioner’s Office (ICO).